PO Box 5258, Tyger Valley, 7536
Telephone Number: (021) 9756502
Email address: POPI@thelink.co.za
We are committed to compliance with The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) act and will always:
- Sufficiently inform Data Subjects (candidates/applicants/work-seekers, hereafter referred as “Candidate/s”), the specific purpose for which we will collect and process their personal information.
- Protect Personal Information form threats, whether internal or external, deliberate, or accidental. To ensure business continuation, minimise business damage and maximise business opportunities.
This Policy establishes measures, processes and standards for the protection and lawful processing of personal information.
The Information Officer is responsible for:
- The monitoring of this policy.
- Ensuring that the policy is supported by appropriate documentation.
- Ensuring that the policy and subsequent updates are communicated to staff and associates where applicable.
All employees are responsible for adhering to this policy and for reporting any security breaches or incidents to the Information Officer.
Service providers that provide IT and/or Off-site Data Storage services to our organization must satisfy us that they provide adequate protection of data held by them on our behalf.
Accountability for Data to be collected
We shall take responsible steps to safeguard all Data and Personal Information collected from Candidates for the purpose of Permanent or Contract recruitment.
Processing limitations/Purpose for date collection
- We will collect personal information directly from candidates
- Personal Information from Social Networks and Job-seekers portals will be collected with express consent of the Candidate/s
- Once in our possession we will only process or further process information with their consent, except where we are required to do so by law. In the latter we will always inform the candidate.
Personal information collected from candidates will be used to secure Permanent or Contract employment of behalf of the Candidates.
Limitation for Further Processing
Personal Information may not be further processed in a way that is incompatible with the initial purpose for which it was collected and will only be done with the express consent of the Candidate.
We shall ensure that candidate information is complete, up to date and accurate before we use it.
Where personal information is collected from a source other than directly from candidate (e.g., Social Media, Job portals) we will make candidates aware:
- That their information is collected and the specific reason.
- Who is collecting their information by giving them our details.
Data security Safeguards
We will implement sufficient measure to guard against the risk of unlawful access, loss, damage, or destruction of personal information that is held:
- In our electronic data base
- By a Data Storage Service Provider
- In any electronic devices (that will be Password protected)
We are committed to ensuring that information is only used for the legitimate purposes with candidate consent and only by authorized employees of our agency
Participation of Individuals/Complaints
Candidates are entitled to correct any information held by us
Complaints should be submitted in writing POPI@thelink.co.za for Resolution.
Requests to Correct or Delete information must be made in writing and submitted to the Information Officer.
The Information Offices is responsible for ensuring adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
All employees directly associated with recruiting activities will be trained in the regulatory requirements governing the protection of Personal Information.
We will conduct periodic reviews and audits, where appropriate, to ensure compliance with the policy and guidelines.
Breach/es for this policy could result in disciplinary action and termination of employment.
By Submitting your information and application you hereby confirm:
That you have read and understood our POPI Policy.
That you have no objection to us retaining your personal information in our database for future matching.
Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.
Should you have any additional questions about The Link Recruitments collection and storage of data, please contact us.